Monday, August 1, 2016

Timberman 2016!!!!!

Training this year has been very hard for me. It has been a struggle to juggle my work, with parenting and training. Oddly enough though, I am more motivated than ever. Not only is the memory of my brother really pushing me forward and motivating me to keep training, but the hopeful thought that my legacy to my daughters will be that of a strong mom is also a constant thought in my head while training.
 I often find myself thinking about how generations down the line, my great-great grandkids will know about me.
Will they hear about a great great grandmother that settled and lived a meek life, afraid of dreaming big? Or will they hear about a very strong woman who never settled for anything less than her dreams?
My choice is pretty clear. I might not be around to meet them, but I know what I want them to say.
 The funny thing is, my two daughters are already my biggest supporters... And they are only 2.5 and 4 years old!!!