Friday, March 20, 2009

Nadie apalea a un perro muerto

So the direct translation sounds quite morbid in english, but the point is the metaphore behind the words:

No one will continue to beat a dead dog...

That was my mother's quote for the day.
Very true words if put in to the appropriate context.
We were talking about how to react when someone just can't let go of some grudge against you. If the problem isn't resolved on the grudge holder's end, he/she'll keep trying to bring you down, until he/she feels appropriately compensated.
So in my case, I trully believe I resolved my issues with Grudgy, but I guess the score hasn't been settled on Grudgy's court, so Grudgy continues to behave in a resentful manner that you wouldn't even expect from a twelve year old. In the terms of my mother's quote: the cause of Grudgy's issues hasn't been beat up dead yet.

Sad part is I'm over it and would have liked to mend ties. Oh well, I guess you can't be friends with everyone.